World Class FC is pleased to announce that its Boys Program has been accepted into the National Premier Leagues (NPL) program - SEE LINK BELOW FOR TRYOUT INFORMATION.
CHARLESTON, S.C. (Dec. 15, 2011) – US Club Soccer has announced that the New York Club Soccer League (NYCSL) has become the newest addition to the organization’s National Premier Leagues (NPL).
The NPL has been created to provide a unified, league-based national developmental platform with the highest level of competition in given geographic areas, and to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape based upon fundamental principles outlined in US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision.
The NYCSL - NPL Division, which will include six age groups (U-12 through U-16 and U-18 boys), is the top tier of the NYCSL and is initially comprised of nine clubs in the Eastern New York area.
Set to kick off in spring 2012, NYCSL - NPL Division teams will play a regular-season schedule with the age group winners advancing to the inaugural National Premier Leagues Champions Cup in July 2012.
“The New York Tri-State area has numerous competitive clubs that are developing players and the NPL is a great platform that will showcase these quality organizations,” said World Class FC Boys Director of Coaching Vincent Sileo. “One of our core missions is to develop our players to play at the highest level so that we can give them the opportunity to play on a national stage.”
With the addition of the NYCSL NPL Division, the NPL now includes 12 leagues across the United States:
ABOUT THE NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES:
US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues have been created to provide a national competitive developmental platform:
- focused on long-term player development;
- for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios;
- that allows players to be scouted and evaluated by U.S. Soccer National Staff and Technical Advisors;
- that is designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs;
- using international rules of competition;
- that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Champions Cup.
The NPL is an important component of US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision to refine the landscape for competitive youth soccer. This vision recognizes that:
- properly-structured youth soccer clubs are the vehicle through which player development does and must occur in the United States.
- clubs should play in leagues that provide meaningful games, allow establishment of the proper training-to-game ratio, and eliminate calendar congestion.
- National Premier Leagues, as well as the best clubs, should be integrated in US Club Soccer’s id2 National Identification and Development Program, include Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and work closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
US Club Soccer is a non-profit organization whose mission is to develop competitive club soccer in the United States. A member of the United States Soccer Federation since July 2001, US Club Soccer has grown to include member clubs and leagues in all 50 states. In addition to sanctioning and administering tournaments, leagues and other competitions as well as offering a range of programs for its members, US Club Soccer annually conducts the National Cup. US Club Soccer also directs its own player identification and development program – id2.